Job ID 6ba278e83b7d921bf8efede3187574a6
As the Foundry Operator for Rolls-Royce, you will have the opportunity work in one of the most unique foundry environments in North America. We work hands on with the newest foundry technology to produce extraordinarily large propeller castings that are critical to our customer’s ability to operate.
Innovate & Power the world
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
As a Foundry Operator, you have an exciting opportunity to be involved in creating propeller castings to be used globally on some of the world's most innovative engines.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of dollars’ worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across a number of different areas.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. You can learn more here.
- Understand and utilize established standard operating procedures to perform molding, melting, furnace and ladle lining,pouring, shake outofpropellers and C.P. propeller blades using a variety of foundry equipment; i.e. sand mixers, vibrators, riser saw, furnaces, etc.
- Perform all duties to the highest quality standards and within the allotted time or budget
- Invoke prescribed safety rules and regulations. Report to supervision any unsafe conditions that they may become aware of.Must wear or use all company required safety equipment
- Assist in the training of Level1 foundry workers as required
- Notify supervision of needed tooling, material or problems within the foundry operation
- Maintain tooling equipment and cleanliness of assigned work areas, etc.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) with 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing or general labor industry
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to properly utilize precision measuring equipment
- Ability to operate various cranes, material handling equipment, and various types of foundry equipment
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Our People are Our Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce we embrace workplace flexibility. Our teams work in onsite, hybrid and remote work environments based on work and personal requirements. The specific arrangements vary from team to team. Please ask us about how we work on this team.
Closing Date: February 2nd 2023