2022 - 2023
▪ I started my employment with CYIENT as a digitiser. In this position I am
required to map changes to farmers’ land use and boundaries, as per
latest satellite and remote sensing imagery. It was important to map
these changes accurately and as per protocol to satisfy customers whose
government subsidies depend on this information.
▪ Due to the high quality of my work I have been promoted to quality
checker. As QC I’m required to pass or fail work produced by digitisers
before they are finally submitted to Rural Payment Agency (RPA).
2020 - 2022
▪ This work involved planting tree seedlings in remote deforested areas
cleared by logging or burnt in wildfires. I achieved my aim of planting
1500 trees per day.
▪ Micro-sites in which seedlings were planted, and tree density are important requirements, which
varied in different pieces of land and between different species of trees.
▪ Mental fortitude, positive mindset, physical fitness, effective team communication and encouragement
are essential in order to carry out the work.
2018 - 2018
Universidade dos Açores
▪ Our team conducted a preliminary study, aiming to find where sharks and rays aggregate around Faial
▪ In order to be less invasive, we designed and deployed a new versatile type of baited remote
underwater videos system (BRUVs). I made several modifications to the equipment which downsized
the number of people needed to deploy the rigging from three to one.
▪ Contributed to other projects by; contributing in imagery observations, deployment of various
equipment, and recovery of data receivers.