2017 - 2020
University of Westminster
Tourism and Events Management
\Achieved Upper Second-Class Honours ▪ Modules Studied include Hospitality in Tourism and Events, Strategic Planning for Tourism and Events, Event Design and Technology, Event Production, Staging an Event, Marketing Tourism and Events, Politics of Tourism and an Industry Placement. ▪ Final Event (Event Production & Staging an Event modules): Produced a sold-out event for 80+ attendees, entitled “Doorkins Magnificat presents: Stories of Cats; Caturday,” in collaboration with Southwark Cathedral. This was a 1-year process, spread across two modules. I was responsible for securing the client and supporting client and team communications, the design and creation of marketing material, signage, wristbands and photo booth as well as running the cat’s Instagram pre-event. Team responsibility included working with the client’s pre-selected programme, design and layout of event space as well as suggesting the implementation of new elements for future improvement of the event. Skills Gained: Negotiation, Leadership, Teamwork, Critical Problem Solving, Time Management, Communication Skills.\
2015 - 2017
Trinidad and Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute
\Achieved 3.46 GPA out of 4 (Awarded for achieving 3.5 & over GPA Year 1) ▪ ‘Project of the Year’ awarded for Final Project (Group) ▪ Modules Included: Quality Customer Care, Cultural Diversities, Hospitality and Tourism Marketing, Fundamentals of Communication, Hotel Operations Management, Meeting and Events Management etc. ▪ Assisted at School Hosted events: Taste of Carnival, 2016 & 2017 with prop making, event set up and breakdown as well as table service and bar duties.\
2010 - 2015
St Joseph\'s Convent St Joseph
Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Math, English, Lit, Geo, History, V/Art, Bio, French
\- 8 Passes including Mathematics and English. (Grade I (Distinction) in both). - Leadership Roles included: VP of Table Tennis in 2012-2014 & President from 2014-2015; President of Film Club 2012-2015 where I participated in the Trinidad and Tobago Secondary Schools Short Film Festival 2013 (Working with the teaching team in 2012 & 2014); Representative at the 2014 & 2015 Sports Desk Leadership Symposium as well as being a Form 4 Prefect in 2013-2014 responsible for my own form class. \
2021 - 2022
Crystal Palace Football Club
Events Work Placement (Commercial and Non – Match Day) & Commercial & Events Team Assistant
\- Ensuring all elements of a pitch hire event are in place in advance of clients’ arrival.
– Liaising with multiple Club contacts such as catering team, security, IT etc.
– Assisting with some AV requirements and other technical support.
– Supporting the commercial team/ events sales manager in general planning and set up duties.
– Representing Commercial Team onsite during the week as the point of contact for the club
during NHS Vaccination events, liaising with the Matron and other NHS Staff.
– Representing the Event Sales Manager on-site, at events and conducting site visits, answering enquiries, and leading none matchday events (Birthday Parties, Weddings, Wakes etc).
– Working with Commercial and Hospitality Teams on matchdays, checking in clients into
executive boxes and premium hospitality areas.
– Working with Logistics, Bars and Retail Catering team pre and on matchdays, ensuring all retail catering units and bars across 4 stands and hospitality areas are adequately stocked and prepared for match day. As well as working with managers on match day ensuring teams are working efficiently, replenishing stock and ensuring equipment such as bar taps and kegs are functioning correctly.\
2018 - 2021
Visitor Experience Assistant
\- Proactively managing crowding, visitors and queues ensuring that visitors remain informed and receive clear information. (Hundreds of visitors daily)
– Working at high profile events and services (Up to 2200 people) where royalty, politicians and celebrities are present.
– Providing invigilation for Cathedral floor, Galleries (Whispering, Stone and Golden and working at heights), exterior approaches and entrances.
– Giving information and assistance to visitors in a friendly and approachable manner.
– Operating ticket selling and scanning equipment (Gateway Ticketing Systems® Galaxy® Software) and handling cash and vouchers in accordance with Cathedral procedures.
– Responding to emergencies and summoning help as required.
– Assisting in the evacuation / invacuation of the Cathedral in accordance with procedures.
– Escorting lost children in assisting them to be reunited with their groups/families in accordance with Cathedral procedures.
– Welcoming/Checking in guests at Corporate & Internal Events and Services and assisting security in identifying attendees.
– Providing training to new team members.
– Collecting feedback and complaints from visitors and directing these to the respective authorities.
2018 - 2021
Volunteer in Various Roles
\- Welcomer: Answering any visitor questions relating to the cathedral or general London Bridge area.
– Admin Assistant: Assisting Volunteers Officer with admin duties such as calendars, events and room bookings, rotas.
– Shop Assistant: Assisting in the cathedral gift shop at point of sale.
– Welcome desk team member: Welcoming guests; stating entrance rules; encouraging the purchase of the guide and photo permits and visits to the cathedral shop and cafe; directing visitors to offices and meeting/event spaces; answering any visitor questions or referring them onto persons who can better help.
– Event Assistant: Assisting in setup and breakdown of events, and guest check-in as well as merchandise sales at some cathedral events (Book Launches, Lectures, Photography Evenings etc.).
– Social Media: Assisting with the running of the Cathedral’s cats’ Instagram starting in 2020 and managing the creation of a second account at the end of 2020 growing this to over 1000 followers within the first 3 months. I create content for stories mainly and posts (shared with Retail and Visitor Services Manager) as well as interact with followers when necessary
2020 - 2020
Digital Intern(Video, Live Streaming and Social Media)
\- Responsible for research of online streaming options with regards to the festival going Virtual for 2020.
– General Admin duties such as updating databases and gathering information using online forms. (Google Forms, Sheets and Excel)
– Lead on Virtual Meetings, rehearsals and on the day running for Live Streams using Zoom and YouTube.
– Design of in Video Branding (Sting, End screen and Brand Overlay) as well as light editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie and Adobe Photoshop CC. Videos were uploaded to YouTube in line with the Festival Schedule.
– Social Media (Shared with Admin Officer using HootSuite and Apps).
2017 - 2017
Emancipation Support Committee of Trinidad and Tobago
\Pan African Festival (including Lidj Yasu Omowale Village/ Kwame Ture Memorial Lecture Series)
– Communicated with Vendors and Local Corporations through phone calls and on-site.
– Updated vendor databases daily (Excel).
– Mail Merge, Printed and arranged postage of letters to over 500 schools in the country.
– Liaison between organisers and vendors regarding problems/questions on the festival site.
– Designed and distributed over 100 ID Badges and Parking Passes.
– Assisted with management of groups at Youth Day Event.
– Assisted in the information booth and sales desk at various events.
-Assisted in weekly setup and breakdown of Event space during Lecture series.