2022 - Present
UNITAR International University
Current candidate in the DBA program.
2019 - 2020
Sunway University Malaysia
2011 - 2016
University of Alberta
Completion Date: 22nd December 2015 Graduation Date: 16th June 2016
2022 - Present
As a strategic partnerships and development exco member at ESG Malaysia, a non-profit organization dedicated to streamlining ESG directions in Malaysia and serving as a knowledge hub for ESG professionals, I am responsible for a range of tasks that support the organization’s mission to create a sustainable future. Some of my key responsibilities include:
• Identifying and developing relationships with potential partners, including businesses, individuals, and other organizations that share our values and goals.
• Coordinating with other members of the organization to plan and execute events, workshops, and other activities that bring together ESG professionals from across the country and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise.
• Developing and implementing strategies to increase the visibility and impact of ESG Malaysia, including through social media, marketing campaigns, and other outreach efforts
• Assisting with the management of the organization’s finances and resources, including budgeting, fundraising, and grant writing.
• Working closely with the Board of Directors, Advisors, and other key stakeholders to ensure that the organization is aligned with its mission and objectives.
2022 - Present
ESG Associates Sdn Bhd
• Supported and growing the company’s business capacity, development, communication, and strategic partnership with 7 local and 2 global partners as well as transforming potential leads into viable business opportunities.
• Advised, supported training development and delivery, and involved in the consultation roles for current industrial and institutional clients on issues and topics pertaining to corporate sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) with interest to climate change, decarbonization, general ESG strategy, European Union ESG regulations, GHG accounting, and environmental management.
• Co-led the company’s collaborations with industry bodies, industrial players, institutional organizations, and governmental agencies on subject pertaining to ESG and sustainability.
• Oversaw the delivery of external communication of the company with various stakeholders especially on niche interviews, opinions, and write-up on topics related to ESG and sustainability.
2021 - 2023
Greentek Investment Group
• Advised and collaborated with the Boards of Directors, Senior Management as well as internal and external stakeholders on embracing, integrating, and transforming the group’s business strategies to include sustainability, sustainable development, and ESG strategies.
• Mentored, trained, and led approximately 30 global staffs in the sustainability department.
• Spearheaded and executed the development of internal sustainability and ESG frameworks including policies development in the group according to globally recognized standards.
• Led the ESG transformation of the recently established banking business unit of the group with alignment focusing to the TCFD’s framework.
2019 - 2021
Samling Housing Products Sdn Bhd
• Advised the company’s senior management on environmental compliances, policy, risks management, and improvement opportunities for the company’s overall operation with adherence to ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 standards.
• Supported special projects delivery aiming at improving the operational production activities.
• Spearheaded and executed the internal sustainability roadmap in the company with primary focus on managing energy consumption, water consumption and minimizing waste generation with target reduction of between 5-10% by 2025.
2018 - 2019
Petrotechnical Inspection (M) Sdn Bhd
• Assisted in inspecting and verifying the transfer of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Malaysia LNG (MLNG) to their global customers.
• Acted as offshore chemist for the deployment to offshore facilities to verify and monitor quality of resources mined by clients.
2018 - 2018
Curtin University Malaysia
• Undertook the administration duties for the office of research and development at the university which include verifying funding support, publications, and involved in the internal as well as external academic appointments.
2016 - 2018
Chemsain Konsultant Sdn Bhd
• Led a team of 20 personnel to provide environmental consultancy, assessments, and monitoring for several major oil and gas operators in Malaysia.
• Trained and mentored staffs on offshore environmental assessment and utilization of tools and technologies essential to the projects and operations.
• Accomplished and successfully completed several major offshore environmental projects within allocated budgets and timeframe with ZERO injuries and accidents to our assets and personnel.
2012 - 2015
University of Alberta
• Performed and supported the research conducted in the chemical ecology and forest entomology laboratory within the Department of Renewable Resources at the university with funding supports from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and Canada Research Chair Council (CRCC).